Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful...
Monday, September 29, 2014
Sunday, September 28, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
So, I'm kind of missing my pink hair...or is it fuschia? Who knows. I've had 'unique' colored hair for about 2 years now, and frankly I don't think I'd ever want to have a normal colour ever again. Life's more fun when your hair is bright lol.
I've always used Manic Panic to acquire the bright colours and personally i think it's the best semi-permanent dye on the market...It's vegan made from natural products and it's safe enough to keep in your hair for as long as possible, plus Tish & Snooky who founded the brand are compltely badass and have been in the game for tiiiiiiiiime. For me, I mix 2 different hair colors together usually 'Ultra Violet' or 'Purple Haze' and 'Hot Hot Pink' to get the look I usually like to sport. I could probably do another blog post in the future about how I maintain my hair color. I have to say it requires much dedication to do it yourself.
To be honest the beginning I really didn't know what I was doing haha. Endless hours in my bathroom coercing my sister into bleaching and applying Manic Panic on my hair for the sake of fabulosity. It took a lot of trial and error but now I would definitely call myself a 'dye hard'.
Colored hair gang 4 lyfe.
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
If I could wear one t-shirt for the rest of my life, it would probably be one from Feminist Apparel. I came across this brand by chance and now I'm kind of obsessed...I feel like my life is a little bit more complete. All the feminist thoughts that go on in my brain on a t-shirt...AND collections exclusively with pizza, cats, and the F word.
All I have to say is YAAAAASSSSSSS.
Some of my fave ones I've seen (actually I want all the t-shirts on the site and they're all my favourite, but here are some examples of how awesome they are lolzz):
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Say goodbye to Summer. Today marks the Autumn equinox; an occurrence that happens twice a year - once in September and once in March marking Spring.
The word equinox, means "equal night", signifying the balance of equal hours of daylight and hours of darkness (or close to it). Wiccan and pagan cultures and other groups in antiquity celebrate or celebrated these changes with rituals, yet today living in a society that does not always acknowledge these changes so openly I think it's important to remember that we are still very much apart of the cycles of nature.
Every couple of months as the celestial spheres turn and the elements change from cold to warm and transitions from each. As nature reinvents itself we can use it as an opportunity for ourselves.
So... I've made some personal promises myself, now that it's a new season and also the beginning of a new school year(my last full year at university, probably ahh!)
Here are some goals I have for myself:
- Wake up and sleep earlier..... I am the farthest thing to a morning person. I stay up til the early mornings doing god knows what, and can't get up the next day. However I do like how many things I'm able to do when I do wake up early and even though it feels like the worst thing ever when someone wakes me up haha I need and should remind myself that it's only a temporary feeling and once you get over it the results are rewarding and productive.
- Make plans...Being busy is always an excuse. You're always going to be busy with something...It's all about priorities. And as for maintaining relationships with people sometimes you gotta go ahead and initiate plans with people. Yeah, it takes effort, and yes it might not always be easy but it's always worth it catching up with friends or meeting new people.
- Meditate... People always think of meditation as something formal that's done, in complete silence in the dark or whatever, that cliché image of a monk saying "om". Of course, that is a form of meditation but simply taking time to relax and be alone in a stress free zone for a couple of moments can suffice. Take it easy. Sometimes when things get overwhelming all you can do is take a deep breath and remember you're apart of something much bigger than yourself.
Monday, September 22, 2014
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Woohoo! So today I had a really good day...The girl gang and I (aka some of ma girlfrendzzz) had a nice little day trip to an organic apple orchard about an hour away from the city. Despite the forecast of rain for today it was really sunny and warm actually.I even frolicked around in my tank top ..not bad for mid September.
We took cute pics, picked apples course and bought some nice local merch - some pies, jam, apple cider... ya know all that yummy farm stuff. Overall an awesome day. Got to catch up with some good friends, supported the local economy and will have some non gross GMO apples for my juices, probably will make some apple crisp (stay tuned for a recipe post soon!)
THANKS 4 READING!
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Upon a trip from the local farmer's market, of course I had to make one of my favourite juices - a carrot, beet, apple, ginger and lemon concoction. Not only does it taste wonderful it has numerous health advantages.
Some of the benefits:
- Maintaining healthy organs such as kidney, liver and pancreas and also strenghen organs like heart and lungs
- Mental clarity and memory enhancement
- Detoxification of liver and purfication of blood
- Boost immune system and protects against various allergies
- Good for digestive system
- Maintains clearer and healthier skin
- Healthier heart function and cholesterol levels
- For women - relief of mentsrual pains
3 beets, trimmed and scrubbed
Slice of ginger and or
1/2 of lemon - for a tangier taste
*Remember you can always alter the portions according to your taste
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Soo from July 31st to August 4th me and some of my good friends were in Montreal for Osheaga -- probably one of the biggest music festivals in Canada. It was my first legit festival asides from mini ones in Toronto and it definitely satisfied my expectations. 3 days of good music and all around good vibes.
I have to say it was one of the highlights of my summer and i can't wait for next year!